The following wicked problems in Israel contribute a lot of heat to the political discourse:
- Place of religion in Israel (Israel as a state of Jews vs. Israel as a Jewish state).
- Civil rights of Israeli Arabs vs. security of Jews by their being majority. By extension, dealing with the Palestinian refugee problem.
- How best to help the hungry and poor in Israel.
- Traffic accidents – human factors vs. infrastructure factors.
- Balance of the right to make money by one’s efforts with the governance-distorting political clout caused by being very rich.
On the other hand, the problem of optimal management of the health system and health insurance does not appear to be a wicked problem.